Friday, March 6, 2009

A day of THANKS

Wow. I have so much to be grateful for at this time in my life. I am grateful to have my Bachelor's degree, that I have a good paying AWESOME job, a wonderfully kind and fun husband and a capable/ healthy body.

1. I am glad that I am done with school so that I can relax a bit and watch some t.v. again. I LOVE it!!! I also am able to get some of my own projects done. I feel like I have learned so much during my schooling not only about art, but about myself, others, and life in general.

2. Because of my education I was able to get a TOTALLY awesome job working with special needs students teaching them life skills. They are so AWESOME to spend my day with. It makes me think that possibly I should go back to school and get certified to teach special ed. Really, most days are just a blast with them! I am so blessed to have a this AMAZING job!

3. My husband is so GREAT!!!! I just have the best time with him and love hanging out with him (even if we play video games.) He always knows how to make me smile! He always helps me to see "the light" if you will. I have been exercising and eating better and have not lost any weight and so he is helping me to eat better even when I don't want him to. :) In my ward in less than a year there have been 4 divorces of couples that had been married 3 years or less. Now that is so sad. Every day I think how grateful I am to have such a great guy that I can be a goof ball around for ETERNITY!

4. I have been training for a half marathon and am really amazed that I am now able to touch my toes, I CAN run for 5 miles!!!! A miracle I know!

5. Now don't get me wrong I am thankful for my family too......especially my parents and my sisters even though some used to be Wicked, they are some of my best friends now. I am also grateful for great friends that I have been able to learn so much from.

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

I am the most wicked... so maybe it was a deserved name.

I am so proud that you're running 5 miles now!! I need to start running again. I just don't want to treadmill run right now. Maybe when the weather gets nicer.