This past week Tyler and I went up to Salt Lake to one, "watch" Darla's girls (Alyssa said it is not babysitting, because she isn't a baby) and two, to take a break. We had a great time. We hung out with the girls and had a great time with them! We played with them and the neighbor kids(4 of them that we started to "watch"as well) Then we went to McDonalds where me met Grandma and Grandpa. It was really nice to spend some time with them. Heck kids aren't as bad as their parents make them out to be! ( J/K darla!) Then again it is a whole lot easier when they are already well trained! (Thanks Darla and Brian!) It was nice to be part of a SUPER SURPRISE for my sister.
Tyler and I were able to spend about a week up there because Tyler was able to switch his shifts around like mad so we could just take a break. Which Tyler really needs! He hasn't had that much time off since 2007. We enjoyed hanging out with Darla and Brian at their cozy home. We also got to go see the new pixar movie "up" in 3-D!!!! It was such a good movie! Mom came with us which was nice to have her especially since she has never experienced a 3-D movie before.
Well now we are back home and found out that Tyler didn't have to work during the day at one job only grave at another, So we hiked Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. I would have pictures but I forgot to pack my sd card, IDIOT! It was so BEAUTIFUL and the weather was great. Last year we went around the same time and I had to stop a lot with the steepness of the trail and all the switchbacks. And I am happy to say that I am in better shape than I was last summer! I may not look like I am in better shape but my heart and lungs were able to keep up with my body. It was great! All my exercising is doing something, YIPEE!!!
Now it is time to get back to the church callings, meetings, working/finding a job, housework, laundry and bills. What a world!
1 comment:
We LOVED having you and hope you felt comfortable in our home. Hopefully Tyler got in enough Wii/Playstation time.... I never even saw him play it while you guys were up! That was really strange.
I wish Brian liked hiking more... or at all. I never go now.
Post a Comment