Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beijing-2008

I LOVE the SUMMER OLYMPICS I think there is more that I enjoy watching in the summer olympics than the winter. Today while I was at work doing breakfast at the hotel I watched the men's Triathlon and I was so AMAZED at how far these men had run and they make it look so easy.

Let me reminisce for a moment. On April 19, 2007 my sisters and I ran a half marathon. Well when I got closer to the finish line I just felt this overwhelming emotion starting to well up in my eyes. I didn't cry however, that would just take too much energy. Well later on I was talking to Rhonda and she said that she bawled the last stretch running for the finish line.

Well today I saw a German athlete sprint to the finish line, once he got there he just fell to the ground in exhaustion, smiling and laughing. I felt that emotion start to come again just like when I was in the half marathon. I don't know him but I was happy for him and I could feel his happiness and little of his pain. It makes me want to do a triathlon. (darla sorry I didn't do one this year)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I wanna do a triatholon too...I couldn't do the one with Darla because it was just too soon after the half marathon...it would have been too much for this wimp to train for.

Us Lochers said...

I want to do a triathlon. It would be a lot of work and dedication.... but man, it would be awesome to accomplish!